One of the ways we exercise our community muscles here at Centre Church is through our grocery assistance program called Bag Hunger. The Bag Hunger program is a unique opportunity to show God’s love in a practical way by providing food and toiletries for people who need them.
How can you help?
- Download the list of items to purchase by clicking here and head to the grocery store.
- Deliver groceries to Bethany Horner (contact: email@example.com or 814.571.9097)
Items can include:
- 1 box of cereal or instant oatmeal
- 2 cans of fruit or applesauce
- 1 jar of peanut butter
- 1 box of crackers
- 4 cans of vegetables
- 2 cans of chicken
- 1 can of beans
- 1 box of chicken broth
- 2 cans of tuna
- 1 box of pasta
- 1 jar of spaghetti sauce
- 1 box or bag of rice (plain or flavored)
- 1 box of Bisquick or baking mix
- 1 box of Dry Muffin Mix
- 1 box of Mashed Potato Flakes (plain or flavored)
- 1 box of Powdered Milk
Groceries will be gathered at the food pantry and delivered by the volunteers to the homes of recipients. The date and time will be determined between the volunteer(s) and recipient. If you are interested in volunteering to distribute food, or would like more information, please contact Bethany Horner at 814-571-9097.