about centre church
We exist to help people rethink church, rediscover Jesus, and allow him to redirect their lives.
Centre Church is a simple church, and we focus on the two things Jesus said mattered most:
loving God and loving others. Matthew 22:37-39
Everything we do at Centre Church is centered around the following nine core values.
1. We believe the worst feeling in the world is to be lost and have no one searching for you.
2. We believe the Bible is God’s love letter to humanity and is both complete and trustworthy.
3. We believe prayer is the single most important thing a person can do.
4. We believe Jesus calls every follower be a disciple and to make disciples.
5. We believe all people need transparent community or they will gravitate toward mediocrity.
6. We believe children are capable of encountering God’s presence, serving, and communicating God’s truth and are an essential part of the body of Christ.
7. We believe people often need to belong before they believe.
8. We believe God painstakingly designed and equipped each of us for a purpose much bigger than ourselves; to love God and love others.
9. We believe excellence honors God and inspires people.
Jonathan was born and raised in Bellevue, Ohio before attending Marietta College where he received his Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising. After serving as a youth pastor for 14 years, Jonathan has gone on to plant 3 churches in the Centre Region: Penns Valley Community Church in 2003, Centre Church in 2010 and Centre Church Pleasant Gap in 2017. Jonathan has a passion for worship and songwriting, and has recorded 8 albums including 5 solo worship albums. Jonathan loves music, sports, and people. He lives in State College with his a wife, Suzy, and has two daughters and the world’s most adorable grandson.
Church Growth Director Pleasant Gap
Stephanie received her Bachelors of Science in Business Administration from Lock Haven University and her Masters of Education in Counseling in Higher Education from Bloomsburg University. Steph spent 8 years working in Residence Life at various universities and is now a stay-at-home mommy. She and her husband, Josiah, have two children, Aurora and Lincoln. Steph enjoys crossing things off her to-do list, reading, and movies.
Bag Hunger Team Leader
Centre Church is a part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination of churches.