about centre church
We exist to help people rethink church, rediscover Jesus, and allow him to redirect their lives.
Centre Church is a simple church, and we focus on the two things Jesus said mattered most:
loving God and loving others. Matthew 22:37-39
Everything we do at Centre Church is centered around the following nine core values.
1. We believe the worst feeling in the world is to be lost and have no one searching for you.
2. We believe the Bible is God’s love letter to humanity and is both complete and trustworthy.
3. We believe prayer is the single most important thing a person can do.
4. We believe Jesus calls every follower to be a disciple and to make disciples.
5. We believe all people need transparent community or they will gravitate toward mediocrity.
6. We believe children are capable of encountering God’s presence, serving, and communicating God’s truth and are an essential part of the body of Christ.
7. We believe people often need to belong before they believe.
8. We believe God painstakingly designed and equipped each of us for a purpose much bigger than ourselves; to love God and love others.
9. We believe excellence honors God and inspires people.
Church Growth Director
Stephanie received her Bachelors of Science in Business Administration from Lock Haven University and her Masters of Education in Counseling in Higher Education from Bloomsburg University. Steph spent 8 years working in Residence Life at various universities and is now a stay-at-home mommy. She and her husband, Josiah, have two children, Aurora and Lincoln. Steph enjoys crossing things off her to-do list, reading, and movies.
Children's Ministry Director
Angie is multi-faceted in her skills and gifts. She has been a teacher, on and off for years, as well as youth leader, art tutor and part-time graphic designer. Her most important role, to date, has been as a stay-at-home mom to her two awesome kids, Fin and Evan. On most days, you can find her playing with the kids, making delicious dinners that her children refuse to eat, creating something amazing that she might not finish for years, working outside, or reading a great book. A native of Lancaster, PA, Angie graduated from Penn State University with a Bachelors of Art in Drawing and Painting. She and her husband Geoff have done a mini-tour of the US in the last 14 years – moving 8 times and living in 4 different states. Angie is hoping their current home in Stormstown, PA is where they finally hang their hat!
Centre Church is a part of the Christian and Missionary Alliance denomination of churches.